Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Dinner: Slow Cooker Roast

Recipe courtesy of Lipton Onion Soup Mix for 3 and 1/2 to 4 pound roasts.

Brown roast in oil in large skillet
4 carrots, cut
4 medium potatoes, cut
2 envelopes lipton onion soup mix
3/4 cup water
cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-6 hours

I cut the recipe above in half since my roast was 1.71 pounds. So for example, I used 1 envelope of soup mix, 2 of each veggie, cooked on low for 3.5 hours and I also added celery. The roast I chose was SD Angus CHUCK under blade Roast - boneless

once its all cooked, pull the roast and veggies out.

For thicker gravy:
Add 2 table spoons all purpose flour to 1/4 cub of water and blend
poor the flour/water mixture into the crock pot with the flavored water still in the crock pot from your roast and cook on high until thickened

No comments:

Post a Comment